The 3-2-1 Penguins Forum Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fan of Space Adventures brought to you by four dysfunctional flightless alien birds? Then this is the place to go to talk about it!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lehakian King of Winter: Part 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
katrinahood
Penguin

The Lehakian King of Winter: Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Lehakian King of Winter: Part 1   The Lehakian King of Winter: Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:32 pm

So, this is the first fanfiction I've written. And I've made a lot of changes to it since I first published it.

A ten-year-old girl with black hair, a bob-like haircut, medium red sandals, a light red t-shirt, and dark red shorts slowly opened a book about the history of an ancient alliance of planets located far away from the planet Earth.

"A long time ago, in the vast space of the Federation League of Planets, there were regal twin Lehakian siblings who co-ruled one area of Lehakia, and partook in all of the Federation's discussions. When outside forces threatened the very foundation of the Federation, the younger led her army forces during the spring and summer, and the elder led his during the fall and winter. The two siblings were awarded by having holidays dedicated to them, the Summer and Winter Solstice. But as time progressed, the elder brother's resentment grew slowly. The aliens appreciated what his younger sister did for them while taking his accomplishments for granted. One fateful day, the elder Lehakian refused to attend the Winter Solstice Festival. The younger sister tried to reason with him, but the envy in the elder one's heart had only aided in his transformation into an evil Lehakian of winter: Frostbite Ice. He swore that he would plunge the galaxy in an eternal ice age. Reluctantly, the younger sister harnessed the most powerful artifacts known to aliens: the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers. Using the power of the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers, she defeated her elder brother, and banished him permanently in the continent of Antarctica on Earth. The younger sister took on the responsibilities of her brother."

"...and harmony has been maintained in the Federation for years since," the girl read, "Hmm...the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers. I know I've heard of those before, but where?"

"Samantha, what are the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers?" asked Jason.

"The Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers are the most powerful artifacts known to aliens," answered Samantha.

Just then, Grandmum went out from the kitchen and asked two of her grandkids, "Have either of you seen Samantha anywhere?"

"She's right here," answered Michelle as she pointed to where Samantha was.

"Samantha? I thought you would be reading a letter from one of your friends," Grandmum told Samantha.

"No, I don't have any friends who send me letters," replied Samantha.

"Why didn't you make some friends?" asked Grandmum.

"Well, I don't want to risk being disappointed if they ever abandon me," answered Samantha.

"Oh, you know what the Good Book says about friendship, don't you?" asked Grandmum.

"Uh...not really," replied Samantha.

" 'One who has many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother, ' "

"Hold on, let me guess what that means," Samantha said before Grandmum could explain the meaning. She pondered hard about what that verse meant until she spoke up, "Okay, forget it."

"That means even if you have many friends who might abandon you, there will always be that one friend who will stick closer to you than a brother," explained Grandmum.

"I wouldn't make any friends even if the fate of a vast area in space would not depend on me doing so!" Samantha retorted.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," replied Grandmum, "Wash up, dearies, lunch will be ready soon." She went back into the kitchen to prepare lunch.

"What do you think she meant by that, Samantha?" asked Jason.

"I don't know, and I couldn't care less!" Samantha snapped as she whacked the table the Penguins' spaceship was on with her fist. Her doing so caused the ship to fall off the table and hover above it. The lid of the ship opened to show Captain Zidgel looking up at the three kids.

"Come on, cadets, you don't want to be late!" he told them.

"Why? Is there another planet to save?" asked Michelle.

"Nope, there's an event coming up in E.T. town," answered Zidgel.

"What kind of event is coming up?" asked Jason.

"We'll explain on the way," answered Fidgel. He grabbed the galeezel and fired it at Jason. The galeezel's claw wrapped around Jason and Fidgel wound the claw back in order to bring Jason aboard the Rockhopper. He proceeded to do the same thing with Michelle. Samantha took off her sandals and kicked them aside before the galeezel claw wrapped around her and pulled her aboard. Once she was aboard, Samantha pressed a button on a contraption located on her left wrist. Some of her human features pixelated away, revealing a yellowish-orange beak, three-fingered hands, no visible ears, flippers, and lighter skin patterned similar to a penguin's black and white feathers.

"Bonzaiiiiiii!" Midgel yelled out the catchphrase he yelled whenever he flew the ship out of Grandmum's cottage. He pushed his flipper to the gas pedal and they all flew out of of Grandmum's cottage and into space to go to E.T. town.

In the U.F.P.S. Rockhopper, Captain Zidgel sat in his space captain seat and upgraded his captain's blog as usual. "Captain's blog, stardate...uh...Summer Solstice, I suppose, we're going to E.T. town to prepare for the Summer Solstice Festival where her Lehakian majesty, Queen Alissa, will amaze us all with her fantastic leadership skills she demonstrated so long ago."

Michelle asked, "What is the Summer Solstice Festival?"

"The Summer Solstice Festival started on the day Queen Alissa was given her award, a holiday honoring her," answered Fidgel.

"The reason why she received this holiday was because she was very effective when it came to defending the Federation from outside forces," continued Midgel.

"And all of the aliens were so grateful to her for saving them they decided to form a special festival where a reenactment of the events would occur," Fidgel concluded his explanation.

"Cool! I can't wait to see all of that happen!" exclaimed Jason.

"Buckle up for landing, everyone!" announced Midgel, "We're heading for E.T. town."

Midgel then pulled a lever that ejected some new landing gear, a pair of roller skates. The roller skate wheels didn't spin as quickly as planned. This caused the ship to drag on the ground and crash.

"Wow, Midgel, even a Cosmos Keeper would be jealous of your landing skills!" exclaimed Zidgel.

"Yeah, a Cosmos Keeper would totally be jealous of that kind of landing." Fidgel muttered sarcastically.

"Hey! When was the last time a Cosmos Keeper successfully landed a ship?!" Zidgel retorted.

"Well, a Cosmos Keeper would do a much better job than that," Fidgel pointed out.

Samantha sensed a argument between Fidgel and Zidgel, so she cut in on the argument, "Hey, why don't you two discuss this later? I need to do some research on the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers."

"Why do you want to know about the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers?" asked Fidgel.

"The Elements are the most powerful artifacts known to aliens, and I want to know how they work. They might be needed later on," answered Samantha.

"Very well then, we'll be outside when you're done," said Zidgel.

"Captain, can my sister and I help Samantha with her research here on the ship?" asked Jason.

"I don't see any reason why not," answered Zidgel.

"Well, then, Jason, can you go to the storage bay and get me that research book about all the rumors going on?" asked Samantha.

"Sure thing, Sam!" answered Jason.

Jason went to the storage bay, got the book, returned to Samantha, and gave it to her. Samantha searched the book for an article about the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers.

"Elements, Elements, E, E, E... Aha! Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers, see: Lehakian King of Winter?" said Samantha as she looked through the book.

"Lehakian King of Winter? Isn't that a false rumor?" asked Michelle.

"Lehakian, Lehakian... aha!" exclaimed Samantha when she found the article. She then read it, "The Lehakian King of Winter, a powerful Lehakian who wanted to take over the Federation, defeated by the Elements of Eleven Cosmos Keepers and imprisoned in Antarctica. Rumors are that on the longest day of the fortieth year, penguins will aid in his escape, and he will bring about an eternal ice age!" She then gasped and asked Jason, "Do you know what this means?!"

"No," answered Jason as he turned to get out of the ship. "Woah!" he exclaimed as he tripped on a wire that was lying around. "Ouch!"

"I must tell Queen Alissa at once!" exclaimed Samantha. She turned on the ship's communicator.

A female-sounding robot voice asked, "Hello, who do you wish to speak to?"

"Queen Alissa," answered Samantha.

"I am sorry, she is not available to talk to. Do you want to leave a message anyway?" the robot voice asked her.

"Yes," answered Samantha.

"Then please say it right here," said the robot voice.

"Your Lehakian majesty, my curiosity about the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers has led me to discover that something really bad is about to happen! The Lehakian King of Winter a.k.a Frostbite Ice is about to return to Federation Space, and bring with him an eternal ice age! Something must be done to make sure this terrible rumor remains false. I await your response." said Samantha.

"Shouldn't we be going now?" asked Jason, "It may quite some time before there's a response."

"Yes, let's get going!" answered Samantha.

As Jason, Michelle, and Samantha turned around to leave the ship, the robot voice said, "You have a message from Queen Alissa." They ran to hear what the message was.

"Samantha, you know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely, but you simply must stop shutting yourself out from others! Don't you know how much there is to life? Why don't you go and see how the preparations of the Summer Solstice Ceremony are going? While you are doing that, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: socialize with your fellow crew members! And I have one more thing to tell you, you and your cousins will stay at a building which was once used as a library in E.T. town while you are going with the Penguins on their missions," said Queen Alissa. Samantha groaned in disappointment.

"Look on the bright side, Samantha. Queen Alissa arranged for us to stay at a building which was once used as a library in E.T. town while we are going with the Penguins on their missions," Michelle reassured her cousin, "Doesn't that make you happy?"

"Of course it does!" answered Samantha sarcastically, "Do you know why? Because I'm right! I'll see how the preparations are going as fast as I can, then get to the old library to find some proof of Frostbite Ice's return."

"But will you get to socialize like Queen Alissa said?" asked Jason.

"She said to check on the preparations. Although I'm not one of her closest subjects, I'll still do as she orders, but the fate of the entire Federation does not rest on me getting to know the Penguins better," answered Samantha.

"Maybe the Penguins will have interesting things to talk about," said Michelle. The three kids then got out of the ship. As they were walking to check on the preparations, a female Fiordland penguin of average weight and a few inches shorter than Dr. Fidgel with yellow hair styled in a bun wearing a jumpsuit similar to the Fidgel's jumpsuit, but blue and with the letter A on the collar approached them.

"Come on, Samantha, just try," said Jason.

"Uh...hello?" Samantha greeted the female penguin in a blue jumpsuit. The female penguin scowled at her and turned her head away from the kids before she resumed walking.

"Well, that could have gone better," said Samantha.

Jason, Michelle, and Samantha then walked to an interesting-looking house two stories high and average sized.

"Summer Solstice Festival official overseer's checklist. Number one, banquet preparations where Fidgel and someone else will be working," said Jason as he held his checklist. They saw Fidgel with a male Galapagos penguin experimenting with a variety with food.

"Let's get this over with," muttered Samantha as she walked toward the male Galapagos penguin. She then greeted him, "Good afternoon, my name is Samantha Conrad-"

"Well, good afternoon to you too, Miss Conrad, a pleasure making your acquaintance. I am Andras Saul, Fidgel here was telling me all about you and your cousins and the adventures you, he, and three other penguins go on as we were working on the food," the Galapagos penguin introduced himself as he quickly shook Samantha's hand.

"Andras and I decided to use some of his unique recipes," said Fidgel.

"And you and Andras are in charge of the food?" asked Michelle.

"Affirmative," answered Andras, "Are you interested in sampling some of our delicacies?"

"As long as it doesn't take too long," answered Samantha.

"Excellent!" exclaimed Andras, "We've got nightshade berry pie, puffer fish-with all the 'poison' still intact to preserve the flavor-, salads made of vegetables rich in the minerals of arsenic and cyanide, and soups flavored with the herb of hemlock!" Right after they heard Andras' list, Jason's and Michelle's expressions formed into ones of horror.

"We can't eat any of those foods!" Jason exclaimed.

"Of course you can't, you're humans," Andras responded, "but many of our guest will be penguins."

"Meaning..." said Michelle.

"That we can't be serving any desserts with chocolate in them or any other human foods toxic to penguins. We wouldn't want any of our guests to die of theobromine poisoning, would we?"

"...I guess not," Michelle replied, confused at that one word Andras said before he said poisoning.

"Well, I see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way." said Samantha.

"Don't you have time to taste any of these delicacies?" asked Andras.

"Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do..." answered Samantha.

Fidgel and Andras sighed in disappointment. Samantha looked at them for a few seconds before changing her mind. "Fine," said Samantha.

"Thank you very much for my little offer!" exclaimed Andras. A couple of minutes later, the three kids went to check on the air stunt demonstration team.

"Food is taken care of, next is the air stunt demonstration team," said Jason.

"Ugh... I hope I don't suffer food poisoning..." Samantha moaned as she clutched her stomach.

"Shouldn't you be able to eat everything that humans and penguins can eat?" Jason asked as he was stuffing his mouth with some leftover pastries.

"That's not how it works," Samantha groaned in response.

"Hmm, Midgel is supposed to be working in the air stunt demonstration team with an Adelie penguin named Qwagra," said Jason.

Samantha looked around and saw some bits and pieces of mini-spaceships lying around. "Well, neither of them are doing a very good job, are they?" she asked. Then, as if out of nowhere, a small orange spaceship and another blue spaceship flew over Samantha quite suddenly. The spaceships attempted to land without any landing gear of any sort, but crashed into a large tree. A female Adelie penguin about as short as Midgel with short scruffy hair and wearing a blue jumpsuit with a dark blue coat over it hopped out of the orange ship.

"Huh, looks like someone's Earth mom wanted first contact with another species to occur very soon," the Adelie penguin remarked at Samantha's appearance.

"Is this your way of saying hello?" Samantha asked in disdain of Qwagra's comment.

"Nah, it's just my way of saying your mom was feeling-" Qwagra was about to conclude her answer when Midgel hopped out of the blue ship and spoke up.

"Not bad, Qwagra, but we can do better."

"I assume this Qwagra is your partner, Midgel," said Samantha.

"Who else? I've heard of you and your cousins," replied Qwagra. "Why, you heard of me?"

"I heard that you and Midgel are supposed to be working in the air stunt demonstration team," answered Samantha.

"Oh yeah, that team! We haven't finished practicing, though," Qwagra responded.

"Practicing for what?" asked Jason.

"The Cosmos Keepers themselves!" answered Qwagra. She pointed to a poster of various Cosmos Keepers. "They're gonna show up at the Festival today, and I'm gonna show 'em my stuff!"

"Cosmos Keepers?" asked Jason.

"Yep!" answered Qwagra.

"The most powerful beings ever to be seen in the entire galaxy?" asked Michelle.

"That's them," answered Qwagra.

"Ha! Please. They'd never watch a penguin whose greeting consists of commenting something about their mom," Samantha scoffed.

"Hey! I didn't say anything about any of the Cosmos Keepers' moms when I first met them!" exclaimed Qwagra.

"So?" Samantha shrugged off what she just heard.

"I didn't because that would imply the Cosmos Keepers had moms to begin with," Qwagra explained, with a hint of condescension in her voice.

"Uh..." Samantha struggled to find a response.

"That's what I thought," Qwagra said with a smirk. She and Midgel hopped into their ships and flew off.

"Man, Qwagra is cool!" exclaimed Jason. Samantha glared at Jason in distaste of that statement.

"Oh, come on! I'm sure she didn't mean it when she said that thing about your mom!" Jason attempted to defend Qwagra.

At the town hall, the three kids started checking on the decorations.

"Wow, I wonder who decorated this place," Michelle said in awe. The town hall was decorated with ribbons and bows hanging over where they were standing, and there was a large banner hanging as well.

"These decorations are certainly amazing," replied Samantha. When she noticed that Jason and Michelle were still staring at how well decorated the hall was, she immediately decided that it was time to leave. "Well, we'd better get going now, we don't want to be late!" she called out.

"But we barely even stayed here!" complained Michelle.

"Yeah, why are we leaving so soon?" asked Jason.

"The sooner we check over the Summer Solstice Festival preparations, the better," answered Samantha. Jason and Michelle groaned in disappointment as they and Samantha prepared to exit the town hall. Before they actually left, a voice shouted out to them,

"Hey! Where are you going?" Jason, Michelle, and Samantha turned to see two Chinstrap penguins who were working on some ribbons. The first penguin wore a blue tailor outfit. The second one wore a green tailor outfit. They walked towards where they were.

"Who are you?" asked Samantha.

"I'm Faramer, and that's my brother, Tondrus," the first penguin answered. Tondrus looked up to where the three kids were standing. When he caught sight of Samantha's appearance, he stared at her deep in thought.

"Hmm...what will look good on you?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm just here to check on the decorations, and then I'll be out of here."" answered Samantha.

"Wait a minute, you're not leaving until I find something that'll look good on a hybrid like you," Tondrus told her with a hint of strictness.

"But-" Samantha was about to say what she was planning to do when Faramer and Tondrus went straight up to her and pulled her over to where she would get her hair fixed.

At a clothing shop, Faramer and Tondrus switched through different outfits for Samantha. Tondrus held up a dark purple long-sleeved dress for his brother to see if it would look good on Samantha.

"Does this look good?" asked Tondrus.

"No," Faramer shook his head, "it's too penguin." He then held up a bright yellow short-sleeved dress. "This one looks better."

"No way!" Tondrus exclaimed, "That's too human!" By now, Samantha was starting to get a little impatient.

"I appreciate the hard work you've done," she spoke up, "Really I do, but I really have to leave now." Faramer and Tondrus turned to look at her in confusion.

"Why leave so soon?" they asked at the same time.

"Because Queen Alissa sent me a message from the Planet Lehakia to-" Faramer immediately interrupted Samantha when she mentioned Lehakia.

"Wait, did you say Lehakia?" he asked. Samantha nodded her head.

"As I was saying," she was then cut off again by Tondrus.

"Did we ever tell you how much we would fit in living in Lehakia?" he stated. Faramer began to boast about how Lehakia will the place for him.

"Sure, we won't live as long as the Lehakians, but their wings and eyes will give us ideas for new outfits!" Before he could boast any further, he looked at Samantha. "Speaking of ideas, I got one right now!"

"Really?!" exclaimed Tondrus, "Then let's discuss this new idea!"

"Well, the outfit has a translucent cape, and..." As Faramer and Tondrus discussed what the outfit should look like, Samantha turned to her cousins and tilted her head towards the exit to let them know it was time to leave. Jason and Michelle shook their heads. They wanted to know what how the outfit will turn out. Samantha glared at them and pointed sternly to the exit. Her actions told them that she was the oldest and she is the one who gets to decide whether or not they will leave. Jason and Michelle groaned in disappointment as they and Samantha left the boutique.

"I still don't get why we had to leave without knowing all the details about the outfit," complained Michelle.

"Hey, outfits aren't everything," replied Samantha. She asked Jason, "What's next on the list?"

"Oh, uh, music! It's the last one!" answered Jason. The three stopped as they heard music in the distance. They walked to the source of the music, which was a mini-orchestra conducted by Kevin and a female African penguin with a side braid and wearing a blue jumpsuit with the letter O on the chestplate.

"And cut!" exclaimed the African penguin. She walked to a male king penguin with a trumpet.

"Remember to play your part after the lead player sounds his instrument, not before," she told him.

"Got it, ma'am," replied the male king penguin.

"Now from the top please. A one, and a two, and three," said the African penguin.

"Hello!" said Michelle as she, Jason and Samantha, ran towards the two penguins.

"Oh, hello!" said the African penguin.

"We're here to check up on the music and it's sounding beautiful," said Samantha.

"Why, thank you!" replied the African penguin.

"What's your name?" Samantha asked.

"My name is Lt. Oceranne," answered the African penguin, "And Kevin and I were just going over this orchestra's rehearsals.

"Have you heard of us?" Jason asked.

"Of course!" answered Oceranne, "Kevin told me about you. Although showed me would be a more accurate term to describe it." She and the kids turned their heads and saw Kevin holding up some crudely drawn pictures of Jason, Michelle, and Samantha.

"Right," Samantha responded, unimpressed.

"Jason, can you please tell me more about the space adventures you had with the Penguins?" Oceranne asked in enthusiasm.

"Of course!" Jason answered with a look of pride on his face. He cleared his throat and his narration began. "It all started when I found the spaceship in the attic of my grandmum's cottage."

"...and that's how I saved Planet Tell-A-Lie from being flattened," continued Jason. He asked Oceranne, "Do you wanna hear about how Samantha found out about the Penguins and how Michelle and I found out she was half human, half penguin?"

"I would love to hear it!" answered Oceranne.

"Oh, hey, we're here already!" Samantha exclaimed before Jason could say another word. All five of them have arrived at an old library, where the Fiordland penguin the kids met earlier was waiting.

"What brings you here to this rundown place?" she asked with a scowl.

"This is where we're staying while in E. T. town and we have some work to do," answered Samantha.

"Well, I was brought here by the captain of the Rockhopper for something. What that something is, don't ask me, I don't know. And frankly, I haven't been given one reason why I should care," the Fiordland penguin retorted.

"Funny you should say that, Dr. Aleera," Oceranne added, "I was supposed to come here for the exact same reason. And unlike you, I actually do care." Aleera turned to Samantha.

"So, do you need any help with this work?" she asked.

"No, we can do it ourselves," answered Samantha. Aleera and Oceranne entered the library. After that, Samantha shoved Jason and Michelle into the library before going into the library herself and slammed the door.

"Are you sure?" Aleera inquired.

"I'm sure I can convince Queen Alissa that Frostbite Ice is coming without your help. I just need to be alone without any distractions," replied Samantha. "Where's the light switch?" she asked as she looked around in the dark. Suddenly, the lights flicked on, revealing a massive surprise party in the library.

"Surprise!" exclaimed the various party goers. Samantha and Aleera groaned in frustration.

"What's going on here?" Aleera demanded.

"Looks like a surprise party," Oceranne responded.

"A party in a library? But aren't libraries supposed to be quiet?" Samantha asked.

"Welcome to the U.F.P.S. Rockhopper, Dr. Aleera and Lt. Oceranne!" a haughty voice echoed throughout the library. The kids, Aleera, and Oceranne turned around to face the voice's source, none other than Captain Zidgel of the Rockhopper.

"Is that what this is all about?!" Aleera snapped.

"I couldn't have new crew members aboard my ship without a welcoming party, could I?" Zidgel said with a boastful grin.

"Captain, I'm a doctor, not a party penguin!" Aleera retorted as she stormed off out of the party.

"Party pooper," Zidgel commented with a frown replacing his grin.

"Captain, I think I'll join her," Samantha stated before she stormed off upstairs.

"Hey, that's not where our new doctor went!" Zidgel called out to her, "Well, that makes two party poopers."

In Jason, Michelle, and Samantha's bedroom upstairs, Samantha groaned as she covered her head with a pillow and looked outside. Just then, Michelle walked in. "Come on, Samantha! Captain Zidgel is gonna start his welcoming speech for Aleera and Oceranne! Wanna listen to it?" she asked her.

"No!" answered Samantha, "All the aliens in this town are crazy!"

"It's almost time for the Summer Solstice Festival. You really should lighten up, Samantha. It's a party!" replied Michelle. Samantha mockingly imitated her statement just before talking to herself.

"Ugh, here I thought I'd have time to learn about the Elements of the Nine Cosmos Keepers but, no, all these ridiculous distractions have kept me from it! 'Rumors that on the longest day of the fortieth year, penguins will aid in his escape, and he will bring about perpetual winter.' I hope Queen Alissa was right... I hope it is indeed false..."

"Come on, Samantha!" Michelle interrupted, "It's time for the Summer Solstice Festival!"

In the town hall of E.T. town, hundreds of aliens awaited Queen Alissa's appearance. Kevin and Oceranne's mini-orchestra announced the start of the event. The spotlight quickly shifted to the mayor of E.T. town, a king penguin wearing a fancy suit.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as mayor of E.T. town, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Solstice Festival!" he announced. The aliens cheered. "In just a few moments, our town will witness an amazing queen, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year!" Samantha then noticed that there was some ice and snow outside. "And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very Lehakian who knew how to save us all from those dreaded outside forces..."

"Ready?" Kevin asked the musicians.

"Ready!" they answered.

"Queen Alissa!" the mayor announced. The mini-orchestra announced the arrival of the queen. Fidgel raised the curtain to reveal her. The spotlight shifted to where she would appear, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"What?" Fidgel exclaimed.

"This can't be good," said Samantha.

"Remain calm, everybody, there must be a reasonable explanation!" the mayor said nervously.

"Oh, I hope she is just late," Aleera said nervously, using her shaking hands to fidget around with her new jumpsuit.

"The High Queen is gone!" exclaimed Fidgel, returning from looking for the queen. The aliens gasped in horror as a blizzard filled up the stage.

"Oh, no," whispered Samantha as the blizzard faded away to reveal an icy shape of a penguin with bluish white hair, icy blue compound eyes with blue sclera, icy insect wings, ice armor, and an ice crown. "It's Frostbite Ice!"

Jason and Michelle gasped in horror at the mention of the Lehakian's name.

"Well, hello, my pathetic subjects! It's been a long time since I've seen your puny, little High-And-Mighty-Queen-Alissa-loving faces," said Frostbite Ice as he looked at the alien's terrified faces.

"I may be a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'll hesitate to knock you out!" exclaimed Aleera as she attempted to run up to and jab Frostbite Ice with a hypospray. Midgel grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Wait just a minute, doctor, we don't know what we're dealing with," he told her.

Frostbite Ice chuckled and asked the aliens, "Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"

"Some ruler-wannabe with an obsession with all things ice and snow?" Aleera asked rhetorically.

"Does my crown still count now that I have been imprisoned for forty years? Were the rumors not recalled? Were the signs not seen?" asked Frostbite Ice as he flew towards Kevin, Oceranne, and Fidgel.

"They have, by me! And I know who you are. You're the Lehakian King of Winter, Frostbite Ice!" answered Samantha. All of the aliens gasped in horror when she mentioned the name of the Lehakian from that rumor that they all thought was false.

"What an interesting surprise! Somebody actually remembered me! And it's a little half-breed girl! Then I assume you also know why I'm here," replied Frostbite Ice.

"You're here to... to..." Samantha gulped, unable to finish her sentence and react to the Lehakian's half-breed remark.

"Remember this summertime, puny aliens, for it will be your last. From now on and forever, the winter will last forever!" Frostbite Ice proclaimed, laughing manically. Samantha and the aliens became frightened at the thought of an eternal ice age.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
http://katrinahood.deviantart.com/

The Lehakian King of Winter: Part 1
Page 1 of 1